Happy close-to-Christmas, y’all.
I am sorry, I’ve been absent. I know, I know. I said I was going to do this right, write every day (or at least every other) and I’ve been slacking. But, to make up for it, a picture of my tree:
Things I have been doing to keep festive:
1. Trimming the tree with stringed popcorn, balls of blue and red, icicles, and blue and white lights. Jeff also got a star to adorn the top. Perfect.
2. Getting ready for my holiday party tonight which will be a Yankee Swap. I am making peppermint bark, champange punch, and lots of snacks.
3. Figuring out what to make my ladies from home, who decided this year we were going to make homemade gifts. I’d indulge more, but they read this blog, and I did not forget that.
4. Wearing cute sweater dresses that are ALMOST too warm for this mild climate.
5. Enjoying snacks and realizing I am going to have to diet when I get back from the holidays.