This weekend, I did a little spring cleaning. I cleaned the kitchen, cleaned out the fridge (which seems to always have modly cheese in it), cleaned the bathroom, opened EVERY window in my house and watched the hair/dust balls roll around like tumbleweeds. Even though I had just swept. This has made me realize I need to buy a vacuum. Stat.
Meanwhile, I also cleaned out my closet this weekend. J and C helped, and I must say we were very successful. Most of the time I had to be CONVINCED to KEEP things. I know that K and SS will not believe this, but it is true.
The result? 2 garbage bags full of donation clothes. Including:
1. That ugly pink/white shirt (long sleeves) that fades from thread-bare to pink that K and SS both hated more than life;
2. Every pair of pants I was saving to fit into when I magically lose all the weight I’ve gained since I was 14;
3. Most of the t-shirts I owned from concerts that simply weren’t fitting. Sorry, Lifehouse and 3eb. I tried. Make bigger shirts;
4. That skirt that was every color under the sun (kind of plaid?) that I wore probably twice that SS and K also thought was weird;
5. Any t-shirt I haven’t wore in the past month;
6. Most of my pajamas except the ones that I also wear for yoga.
What did it not include? My Verve Pipe T-shirt (sorry K and SS, but I wanted it) and my Ben & Jerry’s t-shirt from Rhode Island I got when I was 13. Some things are meant to keep.
I feel better, but now I have no shorts for summer, and basically no clothes. And, before we even started, C and J both said, “I can’t believe these are all the clothes you have.” So there, girls from the East, see? I am out of clothes! I don’t have any! I swear!!
Next stop? Shopping with a group of ladies that know I am only allowed to buy practical items. We’ll see how it goes…