Well, not really. Not Georgia. Michigan. But Michigan is not as sexy as Georgia.
Anyways, guess what folks? I get to go back to MI on Friday night! Although I arrive on Saturday very early in the morning, and am forcing my poor parents to come get me early in the AM. What will follow is four days of wonder.
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, I will do the following, in no particular order:
- Drink delicious alcoholic beverages, probably from the pool
- Lay in the pool for hours, maybe reading, maybe sleeping.
- Work on my tan (which is ridiculous, as I live in Southern Cali.)
- See myriads of friends: K. Sue, Jeff, L, E, V, and maybe some unexpected ones on the way…
- Eat inordinate amounts of food that surely a lady would NEVER be caught doing.
- Cook something in my giant kitchen and relish in the fact that we have a dishwasher
- Drink coffee all day until I have heart burn, and then continue to drink it with farm milk
- Eat some greens that are laying around in the fridge’s bottom drawer
- Sleep in — but not too late, because there is much to do! — with probably a cat and a dog.
- Check my email once a day, maybe, on account of the slow Internet connection
- Listen to some James and some Grateful Dead whilst frolicking in the yard with another dog.
- Watch my brother play his guitar and advocate for his swift release to the woods
- Argue with my parents in the yard about something to the point that the neighbors may or may not but DEFINITELY will call the police. (Our neighbors, clearly, are the crazy ones)
- Play Scrabble and Pinochle
- Eat pizza. With wine.
And it will all be wonderful.
This is my fam. That is my backyard. Enough said.