I have 5 more books to add to my list, and you’ll be happy to know only 2 of them are book club books. The rest are all my own. That’s five books since I last wrote, which was in May, so that’s roughly 8 weeks. Not bad. But I have to get cracking.
6. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant (book club, I’ve already written about this.)
7. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
This one was OK. I appreciated the cultural of it, but I found it hard to follow the characters, and I wished it had focused on less.
8. Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingslover
Excellent read. Highly recommend it. So long, but so good.
9. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
A good solid war book. Satirical, entertaining.
10. Thirteen Days by Robert F. Kennedy
A thrilling memoir about the Thirteen Days of the Cuban Missile Crisis as told from Robert Kennedy’s involvement.