This past weekend, Lauren, my BFF, and I did a road trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles, by way of Route 1 and the 101. It was a long long journey, very fun, and VERY tiring. Some highlights, you ask?
1. I forged a river with our car, in the dark. It was terrifying.
Do you see where it says “Bridge”? There was no bridge. There was raging river.
2. We headed to a beach filled with seals, and spent a peaceful half-hour just being with them.
3. We ate at a restaurant that had a spirit stage and human nests. And lavender creme brulee. Fantastic.
4. When camping, we wore headlamps, extra clothes, and some how magically had our fire rekindle in the middle of the night.
5. We got chocolate covered strawberries from this nice man.
6. I used an outdoor sink, with running water. I found this magical.
7. We went to an antique store in Half Moon Bay, called Half to Have It.
8. We hiked a little.
9. We took pictures of people taking pictures.
10. We drove 930 miles, all together. Stops in: Pacifica, Half Moon Bay, Monterey, Big Sur, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and home. Not including all the various stops made in between for coffee and the like.
It was a great trip. But I was glad to get home Sunday night to a bed, and a whole week with Lauren, still to go! What an excellent week. Overall, I think we both decided we like NOT camping — when it comes to 45 degree weather, rocky grounds, and lack of fire-building skills (although we did get it lit, eventually.)
How are you all?