I have six events at my job next week, so I am trying to cram all the goodness of two weeks into one. 5gts, you ask?
1. I swam 18 laps in 24:47 this morning. Faster than yesterday. I didn’t stop between any of the first ten laps. I think this resulted in slower swimming overall, but more endurance, and that’s what I am aiming for. There’s no bottom in a lake/ocean (in case I follow in my sister’s footsteps…) I rewarded myself with two laps of otter swimming (thanks Auntie Rose and Nikki for suggesting!)
2. Tonight is PW Challenge: Chicken-fried steak. Thank goodness I swam this morning! Also on the agenda is twice-baked potatoes and gossiping with CC, since I haven’t seen her in a hot second.
3. Glee was phenomenal this week. I watched it last night as part of date night (thanks Jeff!) and it really just blew my mind. It was way better than doing laundry 😉
4. Girl’s Night tomorrow night! And PW appetizers. What could be better?
5. The weather has finally cooled off, which sparked a cleaning frenzy in me when I realized I had drawers upon drawers full of unreasonable clothes. Pared down, got rid of a garbage bag full last night, and realized I have two pin-striped dress pants and a handful of patterned work-shirts. And six events in the next week or so. Problematic? Yes. We may have to go shopping on Saturday! On the gts side, I have an organized closet, summer clothes are away (for now) and drawers are looking fresh and clean!